Odisha State- Certificate in Information Technology (OS-CIT)
OS-CIT is an Information Technology (IT) literacy course started by OKCL in the year 2011. To Conduct IT Literacy Course recognized by Government of Odisha.
This Course Comprises Of:
1. Reading and understanding a highly illustrated book
2. eLearning based self-learning sessions
3. Through OKCL's eLearning Revolution for All (ERA)
4. Providing hands-on practice sessions.
5. Learning facilitation by certified professionals
6. With academic interactions, assessments, and collaboration
After completing this course, the learners will emerge as confident and versatile users of Information Technology.
OKCL is meant for all sections of population including students, teachers, Govt. Employees, Businessmen, House wives, Entrepreneurs and Senior citizens. It has been named as Odisha State - Certificate in Information Technology ( OS-CIT) course. The course has also been recommended for all Govt and PSU employees.
1. You should have a keen desire to learn Information Technology
2. You should preferably be a 10th Std. passed student.
OS-CIT Admission Process
1. The learner should go to the OS-CIT Authorized Learning Centre (ALC).
2. The learner should fill in an application form available at the OS-CIT Authorized Learning Centre (ALC), along with the prescribed fees.
3. Relevant documents to be carried at the time of admission are :
1. Xerox copy of Photo Id proof signed by the learner
2. 1 copy of passport size photograph (color or black & White)
4. Once the learner submits his details, relevant documents and pays the fees, the OS-CIT Authorized Learning Centre (ALC) coordinator will fill the learner details in the OKCL software and upload the learner data. Further, the ALC coordinator will hand over a fee receipt along with LIVR (Learner Information Verification Report).
5. The LIVR document contains information like:
1. Personal information of the Learner
2. ERA (eLearning Revolution for All) Login and password
3. Centre Details and
4. Course Details
6. Learner is expected to verify the details given in the LIVR document and submit a signed copy back to the OS-CIT Authorized Learning Centre (ALC) coordinator.
7. OS-CIT Authorized Learning Centre (ALC) coordinator will hand over the OS-CIT book (study material) whose cost is already included in the fee. The book is provided as per the medium selected by the learner (English, Hindi, Oriya)
8. After the learner receives the Learner Information Verification Report (LIVR) document and the study material, the learner is eligible to start learning instantly through eLearning Revolution for All (ERA), using his/her User id and password printed on the LIVR document.
OS-CIT Course Structure
Data Base Management System
Personal Information Manager
More About Computers
MS Office 2010 / Open Office
12 Weeks: 11 weeks + 1 week of distributed holidays. Examination in the 13th week.
66 (one computer to be shared by two learners)
132 hours: two hours per day.
Learners will receive a highly illustrative book called Computing essentials By Timothy J. O'Leary & Linda I. O'Leary
OS-CIT book is available in 3 languages: English Odia & Hindi